Thursday, February 7, 2013

Garnier Olia Hair Color

I dye my hair a lot, probably more than I should. I don't even color it too from my natural color, but I like to add some red tones and make my hair more vibrant.

I always look at new colors at drugstores. I came across Garnier Olia at CVS last month in a brand new display. I had JUST colored my hair a few days before, but felt the urge to try this new color...so I had it sitting in my dorm for a month just waiting to be used. 

I was drawn into this product based on the fact that it is 60% oil based and supposedly less damaging to hair. The box also claimed to have a pleasant smell...that's a definite plus! 

The color I felt was best suited for my wants was Light Golden Brown. On the box, it looks really warm and fairly light. 

The kit come with a colorant, color activator, a conditioning cream, and tear-drop shaped applicator bottle. I was worried that having to mix both parts of the dye was going to be messy, but it worked out well. I am used to using foam colors, so switching to a cream was a bit of a change. I found the application to be easy, except for the applicator bottle slipping out of my hands often. Not too happy about the dye splatter on my dorm floor...



The hair dye was easy to rinse out. I used about half the tube of conditioning cream, stepped to the side, and let it soak in for 7 or 8 minutes. That rinsed out well too. 

The color itself is really nice, but definitely darker than I expected. It's all uniform and very rich looking, but I am still bummed out that my hair is so dark. Yes, I know it will lighten in a week or two, but it's just not what I wanted. Nonetheless, it's very pretty and dimensional. 

The best part of this is that my hair IS SO SOFT! I don't think my hair has ever been this silky smooth before! I could not stop touching it for the life of me. This fact alone is enough to have me hooked.

Before...



After...

As you can see, the color is not a drastic change, just a touch up, but still turned out darker, and ultimately more vibrant. 

I'll update in a few days!

XOXO, Bear

Price: $10
Pros: Super soft and silky hair; vibrant colors.
Cons: More difficult to use than other dyes.
Overall rating: 8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment